Give us a call at our 24 hour helpline @ 96921100. We will guide you and advice you accordingly.
For Cremation or Burial
The body of a Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident may be brought back to Singapore for cremation or burial. However, a Coffin (Import) Permit is required to import a body into Singapore. A funeral director should be able to assist you in the procedures.
Application of Coffin (Import) Permit
a) You may apply for a coffin permit at any time from the following offices:
Port Health Office
4545 Jalan Bukit Merah
Tel: 6222 2585
Fax: 6222 8543
Airport Health Office
Singapore Changi Airport
Tel: 6543 2515
Fax: 6543 1973
b) Documents required for the issuance of the coffin permit:
1. Death Certificate issued by the country where death occurred (copy of English translation is required if the death certificate is in ethnic languages),
2. Cause of Death Certificate or a Statutory Declaration
3. Sealing Certificate for the coffin
4. Embalming Certificate, where applicable
5. Coffin Export Permit from the country exporting the body
6. Air Waybill (Air Consignment Note) if by air
If the application is by the funeral director, the Permit to Cremate/Bury will be granted provided the next-of-kin gives a letter of authorization for the funeral director to apply for the permit.
c) The coffin permit costs $10. The Permit to Bury/Cremate will be issued with the coffin permit at no extra charge.
Note: Prior written approval has to be obtained from the National Environment Agency, Environmental Health Department for the import of a body of an HIV-infected Singapore Citizen