About Sea burial service package
At Embrace Funeral Services, we believe in providing a dignified last farewell to the dearly departed with a memorable and personalised sea burial service. Even with a simple sea burial service, a funeral service is as much for the deceased as it is for the bereaved.
That is why at Embrace Funeral Service, we are committed to giving a smooth and memorable service to grieving families to tide them through these tough times. Let us help you during these difficult times.
Call or WhatsApp our 24-hour helpline 96921100 to discuss sea burial services and packages.
What are sea burials?
Sea burials are a burial service that involves the scattering of remains into the sea. This is also commonly known as burial at sea, or scattering ashes at sea.
This method of burial is becoming increasingly popular among people who prefer a simple and more environmentally friendly alternative to traditional land burials.
To protect the marine ecosystem, only cremated remains can be buried at sea in Singapore.
The Marine Port Authority (MPA) has designated an area approximately 1.5 nautical miles or 2.8km south of Pulau Semakau as a sea burial spot. Prior approval has to be obtained from the National Environmental Agency (NEA) for the ash scattering. This can be conducted daily (including public holidays) from 7am to 7pm.
Sea Burial Service Includes:
Embrace Funeral Services’ sea burial services includes the following:
- Bum boat or yacht rental
- Booking and arrangement of sea burial permits with NEA
- Mandai Crematorium cremation fee
- Ash collection service
- Loose flowers or flower petals to be scattered
- The manpower required to collect the cremated remains and transfer them to the ferry terminal directly. Those who prefer to personally collect the remains may opt to do so.
As a final farewell to your loved one, you might want to consider the following add-on services:
- Biodegradable urn
- Short ceremonial session according to religious beliefs
- Photo enlargement
- For any other additional services, please contact us at our 24-hour helpline 96921100 and our Funeral Directors will assist you in making this process as fuss-free as possible.
What is the process of a sea burial?
There are generally two ways in which a sea burial can be performed. First being the traditional method where the cremated remains are to be wrapped in religious cloth and scattered into the sea by family members.
The second type consists of using a biodegradable urn made from paper and recycled plant materials, which can store the remains and be sunk into the sea.
The whole process will take approximately 1.5 hours, not taking into account the time taken for ceremonies.